Peace Mail/ October 31- November 06, 2017
Weekly Update on the implementation of the Peace Agreement. The final peace accord contains a three-pronged approach to ensuring fulfillment of commitments included in the text: the Commission for Monitoring, Promotion, and Verification of the Implementation of the Peace Accord (CSIVI), the National Reincorporation Council (CNR) and the GOC-FARC-UN tripartite Monitoring and Verification Mechanism (MM&V). This callout box includes a weekly update on releases and work related to these supports for implementing the peace accords in Colombia.
- Truth Commission begins work, calling on 34 Colombian citizens for interviews by the selection committee.
- Ten committee members were selected for the National Peace Council’s National Committee.
- Colombian Armed Forces authorized to conduct air raids against FARC dissidents
- FARC Announces political candidates for the 2018 election cycle
- One-month balance of accounts in GoC-ELN bilateral ceasefire