Peace Mail/ July 3-10 2017
Weekly Update on the implementation of the Peace Agreement. The final peace accord contains a three-pronged approach to ensuring fulfillment of commitments included in the text: the Commission for Monitoring, Promotion, and Verification of the Implementation of the Peace Accord (CSIVI), the National Reincorporation Council (CNR) and the GOC-FARC-UN tripartite Monitoring and Verification Mechanism (MM&V). This callout box includes a weekly update on releases and work related to these supports for implementing the peace accords in Colombia.
- The total number of ex-guerrillas who have received amnesty is now 7,400.
- The MM&V is currently locating and destroying the roughly 900 reported weapons caches of the FARC.
- The socioeconomic census of the FARC-EP in the transitional zones, which was a provision delineated in the final accord, was completed by the National University.
- The United Nations approved a second verification mission in Colombia.
- Six wounded in explosives attack by FARC-EP dissidents
- Conversations continue on the possibility of an ELN-GoC ceasefire