Peace Mail/ July 25-31 2017
Weekly Update on the implementation of the Peace Agreement. The final peace accord contains a three-pronged approach to ensuring fulfillment of commitments included in the text: the Commission for Monitoring, Promotion, and Verification of the Implementation of the Peace Accord (CSIVI), the National Reincorporation Council (CNR) and the GOC-FARC-UN tripartite Monitoring and Verification Mechanism (MM&V). This callout box includes a weekly update on releases and work related to these supports for implementing the peace accords in Colombia.
- The process of arms extraction from the transitional zones began along with the collection of the weapons caches.
- The Senate approved the second of four debates on the current legal project for the creation of 16 Special Transitional Peace Constituencies (CTEP) that would result in 16 temporary seats in Congress over two terms (to be elected each term).
- The FARC began their six-day conference on Thursday, July 27th.
- More than 4,000 disarmed FARC members received a bank account.
- The FARC had handed in an initial list of all of their assetS.
- ELN-GoC ceasefire overtures sputter in Ecuador, while confrontations continue in Colombia.